It is the end of AYSO soccer season. I coached Ruth’s team – the Red Rubies. At the first practice of the season, one of the seven year old girls asked if she could throw her ball at me. I said “no” but she threw it at me anyway. I batted it away. As she walked toward her ball to retrieve it she turned, glared at me, and said, “I’m going to kill you…. I’m going to kill you, with a knife!” I knew then that it was going to be a difficult season. Fortunately that girl never brought a knife, the team pulled together, and we had a great time.
We held our team party at New York Pizzeria on the corner of Aliso Creek and Moulton. Unfortunately, I can’t recommend their pizza. We ordered a cheese pizza and a combination (the New York special). Both pizza’s were soggy in the middle which made it hard to pick them up and not as pleasing to eat. We had to eat half the slice (assuming that you start eating from the middle rather than from the crust end) with a knife and fork until we got past the soggy part. That’s just not how Pizza should be eaten. 2 Beavers for New York Pizzeria.
Around the corner, on the other hand, is New York Upper Crust Pizza (on Greenfield and Rancho Niguel). I recently wrote about the best Hamburger in Orange County. You are now going to hear about the best slice of Pizza. From time to time I order pizza by the slice for lunch. Their Greek pizza is simply heavenly. There is no tomato sauce on this pizza -- just mozzarella, feta, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, garlic and a green herb (basil I think). No sogginess here. The crust is thin (the way I prefer it) and is perfectly done every time. They also have stuffed pizzas (that include a crust on top). If you go, try the dough knots, a variation of garlic bread made with olive oil and garlic. By the way, Martha agrees with me about the Greek pizza being the best, so I must be right. Ordered by the slice, it is the best slice of pizza I have ever had. 5 Beavers for the Greek pizza. 4 Beavers for the worker who always gives Martha extra food and a big smile. He’s got the fever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Allen is right. That Greek pizza is so delicious! I'm addicted. They also make a great white cheese pizza. It has no tomoato sauce, mozzarella and ricotta cheese. It is quite delightful. I also give 5 beavers to Uppercrust.
Post a Comment