Monday, November 26, 2007

Review of August Rush by Allen IV

[Thanks to Allen IV for this review --ACO]

I saw August Rush. The storyline and plot were good, but the visual and audio parts of the film were very amazing. For example, when August Rush (the main character) stumbles into New York City for the first time, the filmmakers did a great job in making the audience feel like they were in the city and were very small and insignificant. The loud metallic noises were intensified and the camera views were quick and shaky making the audience feel very nervous for August. The points of view and settings were well thought out. The way that the filmmakers used noise and sound to narrate the story was very unique. One problem was that the movie dragged on a little and was a bit too long. Overall I think that it was a great movie -- worth the ten dollars.

1 comment:

Martha O. said...

I also saw this movie and thought it was exellent. It doesn't hurt that I really like Keri Russel who plays the mom in it. I give it 4 1/2 beavers because as ACOIV pointed out, it did drag a bit toward the end.