Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Laguna Niguel 4th Ward Gets New Bishop

I was released last Sunday as Bishop, along with my counselors Alan Keddington and Mark Pay. The new bishop is Scott Shreeve with Matt Eyre and Ray Damiano as counselors. Scott was the bishop of the Laguna Hills 2nd ward before recent boundary changes placed his home in the Laguna Niguel 4th ward.

People have asked if I feel lighter or if I feel free. The short answer is "no." I still feel the same worries and concerns and desires for people's lives that I felt before. The only difference is that now it will be somebody else's responsbility to direct ward efforts with respect to strenghtening those families. I will still be able to (and should continue to) work as an individual (or as part of whatever calling I receive) to bless their lives. I suppose all of us who have been to the temple should have those same feelings -- we should all feel the concern that our bishops, stake presidents, and church president feel and act in our own individual ways to remedy those concerns. From a practical standpoint, in the future I will not be privy to the confidential problems that people face. The resulting ignorance will perhaps mean a lessening of stress for me.


Alan Keddington, Allen Ostergar, Mark Pay

2 comments:

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

Wow, I am not sure what the appropriate word is. Congratulations, great job, I'm sorry, what a relief!, those are all not the right thing to say. Anyway you get the idea!

Anonymous said...

I say Congratulations to Cathy!
We just got a new bishopric two weeks ago too. That's a neat concept of the church I think, for all callings...passing the torch so others can serve and receive blessing as well. Change is hard and good!