Sunday, November 4, 2007

Home Rules – Grandma Munson

After our visit to BYU-Idaho, Allen IV and I visited Grandma Munson in Moreland. She insisted on fixing us lunch (eggs, bacon and hot cakes). While in the kitchen, I noticed a card on her fridge that had a list of “Home Rules.” Though I don’t know the author, here they are:

Home Rules
Always be honest (Proverbs 12:22)
Count your blessings. (Psalms 34:1-3)
Bear each other’s burdens. (Galations 6:2)
Forgive and forget (Micah 7:18)
Be kind and tender hearted (Ephesians 4:32)
Comfort one another (1 Thessalonians 4:18)
Keep your promises (Romans 4:21)
Be supportive of one another (Acts 20:35)
Be true to each other (Revelations 15:3)
Look after each other (Deuteronomy 15:11)
Treat each other like you treat your friends (Matthew7:12)
but most important…
Love One Another deeply from the heart. (1 Peter 1:22)

This list would make for a couple good months worth of Family Home Evenings. Allen IV hadn’t seen grandma in many years. His assessment of her at the end of our trip was this: “Grandma Munson is soooo cool!” I don’t think he was prepared for grandma’s sense of humor. 5 Beavers for grandma's hot cakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AllenIV, how did you think all the other Ostergars got their wacky sense of humor genes? Grandma is the Queen Goofus!!! kellyo

Allen III said...

I guess I hadn't thought of that?!