Friday, November 2, 2007
J-Dog Hot Dogs
While in Provo on a recent trip, Allen and I met Anna and Josh for lunch at J-Dog, just south of BYU campus. It is located right across the street from Knight Mangum Hall. As you travel south, the first structure you will come to is a red sandwich shack with no name or sign on the building. That is the spot for a great dog. Their menu is limited -- you can choose a beef dog or a polish dog. They make slices on the dog (I ordered the polish) to make flavor crevasses, grill it on the spot and then fill it with the toppings you request. The most popular topping seemed to be the special sauce that had a sweet BBQ sauce flavor and really turned the dog into something out of the ordinary. They also had Apple Beer in the self serve soda machine which brought back many memories of my youth. I never see Apple Beer in California. The tart flavor of the Apple Beer was a perfect complement to the dog. Josh and Anna have great taste in hot dog joints. I give J-Dog 4 Beavers out of 5.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree with the j-dog experience. it was very tasty and i might even give it 4 1/2 beavers out of 5!!
Adding in the company that went with the dogs would certainly make it 4.5 -- perhaps even 5. xoxo
Post a Comment