Friday, November 2, 2007

Army Surplus Warehouse – Idaho Falls

Allen and I were driving south on I-15 near Idaho Falls. Just as we passed the last Idaho Falls exit, Allen IV noticed an army surplus store on the left. We turned around at the next exit to check out the store. The place was huge. Allen was interested in getting a jacket similar to one I have that is known as the “diaper jacket” – so named because the nylon lining makes a crinkling sound when I move that sounds like a baby’s diaper. There was a wide variety of military gear but it seemed that many of the items were in odd sizes and even I, with my untrained eye, could tell that the quality was poor. Allen had a hard time finding anything that fit but after several trials he found a jacket with a subtle camo pattern that was only $9.50. Who cares about the quality at that price! It was even lined, but makes no crinkly diaper sound. He also picked out a furry Russian winter hat for après surf in the winter. It will also come in handy if he decides to go to BYU – Idaho. Lots of stuff, mixed quality, great prices. 3 Beavers out of 5 for cheap clothing. 4 Beavers out of 5 for equipment that looks cool but may not have any practical use. And 5 Beavers out of 5 for the Chinese Aviator goggles -- we think Nana would look great in these while driving a Vespa around campus : http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/product/chinese-aviator-goggles-2903.cfm

You can check out the rest of their website at http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/

No comments: