Sunday, November 4, 2007

Savior of the World

Jane, Adam, Julia and I are currently rehearsing for a sacred musical drama called “Savior of the World – His Birth and Resurrection.” Our stake is putting on the production. Adam is acting as Mary’s brother, Jane is playing Anna (Mary’s sister), and Julia is playing Rebecca (one of Mary’s cousins). I get to play Mary’s father and the Apostle Peter. Cathy is on the costume committee and has been in a sewing frenzy that will continue for several more weeks. She has made the white robes for the Savior which have special significance as her brother Don is playing the savior. This is a very powerful presentation. I frequently find myself feeling moved, even during simple blocking exercises. There is eternal truth in these stories that fills us who participate with a strong spirit of the mission of Christ and gratitude for those who surrounded Him in life. I have felt a great desire to bring my life more in line with Christ’s as I have prepared for the program. There will be eight performances: December 6, 7, 8 (2 shows) and 13, 14, 15 (2 shows) at 7:00 p.m. (2:00 for the matinees). There are two casts and we are in the shows on December 7, 8 (matinee), 13 and 15. We are in the chorus for the other performances.

Come and see the show. You can get tickets at www.sotwtickets.com. Tickets are $10.00 each.

Usually the review doesn’t occur until the show has already started, but I have to give this one 6 Beavers out of 5.

No comments: