Julia won an Award of Merit from her school for the "Reflections" art competition. She submitted an original musical composition entitled "I can Make a Difference." She is also running for Student Body President of the Laguna Niguel Elementary School under the platform "I Like Cows." (She served as Historian last year under the theme "I Like Pie.") Here is her speech:
Julia’s Speech for President
Laguna Niguel Elementary School
November 2007
Hello Aviators. My name is Julia Ostergar and you should vote for me because I LIKE COWS! Now, you may be wondering -- what do cows have to do with being President? Well, I’m going to tell you.
Cows patiently chew on grass for a very long time. And as your President, I am willing to chew on any problems this school faces for as long as it takes until they are solved.
Cows are very nice to give us milk. As your President, I will give my time, efforts and energy to making this school a better place.
In the end, cows die and we eat them in hamburgers (show a picture of a hamburger). To get your vote, I am willing to be eaten as a hamburger. (show picture of me in hamburger)
So as you can see, it makes perfect sense to vote for me, Julia Ostergar, because I like cows.
Last year you voted for me because I like pie. This year, I’m running because I like cows. Next year I may not run because I don’t really like cow pies.
But for this year, vote for me, Julia Ostergar, because I like cows. (do cow word with fingers). C-O-W.
Laguna Niguel Elementary School
November 2007
Hello Aviators. My name is Julia Ostergar and you should vote for me because I LIKE COWS! Now, you may be wondering -- what do cows have to do with being President? Well, I’m going to tell you.
Cows patiently chew on grass for a very long time. And as your President, I am willing to chew on any problems this school faces for as long as it takes until they are solved.
Cows are very nice to give us milk. As your President, I will give my time, efforts and energy to making this school a better place.
In the end, cows die and we eat them in hamburgers (show a picture of a hamburger). To get your vote, I am willing to be eaten as a hamburger. (show picture of me in hamburger)
So as you can see, it makes perfect sense to vote for me, Julia Ostergar, because I like cows.
Last year you voted for me because I like pie. This year, I’m running because I like cows. Next year I may not run because I don’t really like cow pies.
But for this year, vote for me, Julia Ostergar, because I like cows. (do cow word with fingers). C-O-W.
If she wins we give the speech 5 Beavers.
3 comments:
That is the coolest campaign speech I have ever read! I love it. If they don't vote for you, then I think I might just have a _ _ _! Good luck Julia!
Dave
Julia, YOU are an INSPIRATION!!!
I agree. I wish I would have used a speech like that when i was running. Oh well. Good luck Julia!!!!!
Post a Comment