Sunday, December 21, 2008

Urban Thai Bistro

Recently the building where my office is located was shut down for a day due to police activity. I couldn’t work from the office so Cathy and I delivered Christmas gifts to clients. On our way home, we lunched at Urban Thai Bistro in the Aliso Viejo Town Center complex. We sat down and the waiter walked past with a delicious looking chicken dish for the table next to us. When the server took our order, I asked for the same thing as the lady at the next table. It turned out to be Chicken in Peanut Sauce: a bed of sautéed greens topped with chicken covered in a peanut sauce with rice on the side of course. It is as delicious as it looks. The peanut sauce has a hint of coconut which adds to its nutty richness. The lunch special includes a salad which is out-of-the-bag ordinary, but the dressing is terrific. It is vinegar based but has some kind of spice that gives it bite. I’ve never tasted a dressing quite like it. Cathy had the Pad Thai which we were not impressed with and wouldn’t recommend. 3 Beavers.

No comments: