Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nirvana Grill -- New Favorite Restaurant

After we saw Allen off on his date, we dined with dear friends Roger and Beth Andelin at the Nirvana Grille (corner of Marguerite and Trabuco in Mission Viejo), a fairly new restaurant featuring some unique California Cuisine. Eating at Nirvana made me realize just how poorly prepared the food is at the majority of restaurants I frequent. After being blown away by the perfectly prepared fish at Nirvana, I realized that fish is almost always overcooked at most restaurants – and because this is so common, I generally accept such quality as the norm and blissfully enjoy it. Nirvana has reminded me how much better fresh and properly prepared fish can be. Go and get the Pistachio Crusted Chilean Sea Bass. It may the best piece of fish in Orange County. Even the asparagus that came with it was perfectly cooked. The Filet Mignon I ordered melted in my mouth.

The impeccable service also made me see the mediocrity of service at most local restaurants. The chef/owner, Lindsay Smith-Rosales even came out to visit with the patrons while we were there.

The restaurant is small, seating about 30, so reservations are a must. Entrees are priced between $9 and $32.

We also loved the Organic Cauliflower & Goat Cheese Gratin, and the goat cheese ice cream for desert. We can’t wait to try the other items on their menu.
5 Beavers for Nirvana Grille. http://nirvanagrille.com.

2 comments:

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

This is great news - Jake and I have always struggled to find great food in OC...you will have to take us the next time we are in town.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try this place! It sounds fabulous. Thanks for the recommendation!

Deb